Artists on the Phone
Deptford X is pleased to offer paid opportunities for 6 artists to develop 1:1 participatory art projects through Voluntary Services Lewisham’s (VSL) Telephone Befriending Scheme. Deadline: 10th June 2020, 10am.
Artists will be paired with a service user living in the Lewisham area who has been identified, or identified themselves, as an isolated, lonely or vulnerable person. Through a series of telephone conversations, the artist will work with the service user to imaginatively explore a creative idea or develop a creative project.
The outcomes of each artist’s and participant pairing’s 1:1 project will be presented during the next Deptford X festival.
There is an artist fee of £400.
Deadline: 10th June 2020, 10am
- We are particularly keen to support applicants who are resident in the borough of Lewisham and have been part of the Deptford X Fringe in the past.
- Deptford X specifically welcomes applications from artists with experience of participatory working and working with vulnerable people.
- Valid DBS checks are preferable but not essential.
- Projects should be imaginative and use available materials or props.
- Projects must not flout any lockdown rules or put either the artist or service user at any risk.
You will be asked to complete a simple application form with the following questions:
- What is your idea for a 1:1 participatory art project through VSL’s Telephone Befriending Scheme?
- What is your experience of participatory working and working with vulnerable people?
- How might you your work translate into a festival format in the future?
All applicants will be asked to upload a copy of their CV.
Please Note: Projects will be expected to take place from: Mid-June, mid-July and mid-August, you will be able to make a selection on your application form, for when you would like to start if chosen.
Application form: Apply for Artists on the Phone