Gospel Green Label Competition
To mark their 30th birthday, Gospel Green are teaming up with Deptford X to offer artists the chance to design a special edition bottle label and win £250
Gospel Green and Deptford X began their partnership during the 2019 Deptford X festival with Gospel Green as the official drinks sponsor for the festival. The partnership was poised to continue for Deptford X 2020 and coincide with a Fringe artist bursary. However, with the outbreak of Covid-19 and subsequent postponement of the festival, and impact on all of our work, we needed to devise a new way to work in solidarity and continue to offer an opportunity for an artist.
To mark Gospel Green’s 30th birthday and continue something of the spirit of the 2020 edition of Deptford X that would have been, we are delighted to launch this competition for an artist to design a limited edition Deptford X / Gospel Green bottle label. The winning artist will receive £250 and have their design printed in a limited run and featured on drinks bottles that will be distributed and sold at the next Deptford X festival.
Applications are open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Applicants must have no conflicts of interest (i.e. no relatives working at either Gospel Green or Deptford X)
- Applicants must have a UK bank account
- Artists must be available on the following dates for online meetings: 19th June & 30th July
- Submit your Gospel Green application form by the 31st May 2020.
- Stage 1: Artists complete a short application form (Deadline: 31st May 2020)
- Stage 2: will be sent a bottle of Gospel Green and invited to an online tasting event with Gospel Green cider maker, Brock Bergius. Brock will also speak more about the cyder making process and the goings on at Gospel Green HQ (19th June).
- Stage 3: The three finalists present their label designs to a judging panel of Deptford X and Gospel Green representatives via an online Zoom meeting (30th July). A single winner is chosen.
The winning artist will receive:
- Their design printed and distributed on limited edition bottles of Gospel Green
- A case of Gospel Green cider with their winning label design.
Please read the application guidelines before you apply.