Festival Dates Announced
20 March 2020
Festival Dates Announced!
We are pleased to announce the intended dates for Deptford X 2020 are 16 – 25 October.
After listening to feedback from last year’s participants and audiences we have settled on these dates for the following reasons:
- Many participating artists last year commented on the dark evenings as daylight saving began on the first weekend of the festival. This year’s dates will mean that the clocks don’t go back until the final weekend of the festival allowing for lighter evenings throughout
- Lewisham half term this year is 26 – 30 October meaning that the festival will fall during term time and enable us to extend our work to local schools
- Many 2019 Fringe artists reported higher visitor numbers than previous years when the festival was held in September
- We were able to generate more PR for the festival in comparison to previous years with a number of Fringe projects being picked up by the press. We put this down to last year’s dates being after the flurry of new shows and art fairs that dominate the London art ecology in September and early October
- The new October dates in 2019 enabled us to engage a larger cohort of university students as volunteers to work with us to deliver the festival
However, as always, we are open to your feedback and so we welcome comments on the proposed dates for Deptford X 2020. Please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments.
Of course due to the unprecedented global situation during the COVID-19 pandemic, we may yet have to review the dates of this year’s festival but at present we are hoping we will be in a position to bring you Deptford X 2020 this autumn.