Gospel Green Fringe Competition
20 January 2020
To mark their 30th birthday, Gospel Green are offering Deptford X Fringe artists the chance to design a festival edition bottle label and win a £500 Fringe bursary.
Gospel Green will once again be the official drinks partner for Deptford X Festival and this year they are on the hunt for a Fringe artist to design a limited edition Deptford X bottle label to mark their 30th birthday. The winning artist will have their design printed in a limited run and featured on drinks bottles to be distributed and sold throughout the festival. They will also receive a £500 bursary to spend on their 2020 Fringe project.
Applications are open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- £500 prize money is for participation in 2020 Fringe; therefore, you must supply an outline of your Fringe project idea as part of your application.
- Artists who participated in Deptford X 2019, but failed to submit visitor numbers and feedback, will not be eligible to apply.
- Artists must be available on 14th May & 9th July.
- Stage 1: Artists complete a short application form of four questions
- Stage 2: Artists are shortlisted by Deptford X and three finalists are selected by Gospel Green. These artists are taken on a site visit to Gospel Green in Hampshire (14th May)
- Stage 3: The three finalists present their label designs and Fringe ideas to a judging panel of Deptford X and Gospel Green representatives (9th July). A single winner is chosen.
The winning artist will receive:
- £500 to put (exclusively) towards their Deptford X Fringe project
- Their design printed and distributed on limited edition bottles of Gospel Green
- A case of Gospel Green cider with their winning label design.
Application form will be available on Friday 20th March 2020.
For more information and deadline dates you can download the Key Information document. The competition opens on the 20th March, sign up to our newsletter for a reminder when the application form is live or follow us on social media for updates that way: